Wednesday 14 March 2012

Mobile Medical Clinic

A mother bringing her twin boys for medical care
I had the opportunity this week to join a medical team who were running a mobile medical clinic in one of our local villages. It was an amazing, tiring, exhilarating and slightly daunting experience. 


We arrived at the church building where the clinic base would be and there were already lots of people sitting waiting for us. A triage station, medical stations, a mini pharmacy, an examination area and an evangelism area were set up and we were thrown straight into work.



I began by managing the pharmacy with another helper but soon was called to 'man' a nursing/medical assessment station as the number of villagers was large and time was short. This was so much fun and it felt so amazing to be able to reach deep into the village community helping those who really needed it. All medical care was free and we saw a wide range or complaints, illnesses and conditions. It was slightly daunting running my own station as at the back of my head I was really conscious that I did not want to miss anything or make any mistakes. I saw a handful of patients before I had to head back to GSF and felt privileged to have been invited to help and assist with such a wonderful project.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Katie, Oh wow! How brilliant to hear of all you are doing in Uganda. To see you running a medical station and helping the community, I am just so proud of you. I love your new hair style too! Love and hugs Mum x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING :) I LOVED working the clinic-it is an incredible experience. Oh, and love the braided hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie just found your blog as it was linked to GSF page so I had to check out our March visit. We so enjoyed getting to know you and loved having you with us at clinic. Maybe the Lord will put us back together some day in the future. I know as your time ticks down and it comes time to leave it will be a hard time, very bittersweet. Those little ones certainly do find a permanant place in your heart. May God continue to bless you.

    ReplyDelete