Tuesday 1 March 2011

God Provides

In December 2010 I spent 4 days at AIM headquarters on my orientation training. During this time I, along with a group of other short-termers was taught, advised and given the opportunity to explore the challenges and opportunities that lay ahead and given tips and suggestions on how to cope with all that we may find ourselves in. During this time I looked at my budget set by AIM and then began to panic about how I would fundraise the suggested £8000 that I will need for my year in Africa!! I became very aware that the Fundraising challenge had begun! I launched my website at the beginning of November and with the help and support of a crew of faithful friends I put together a list of fundraising events planned for the year ahead. We are now at the beginning of March and looking back I’m humbled and amazed how the funds have already started pouring in. We have run a few events and I am already at 66% of my target!! This experience is teaching me a number of things; especially how I need to be more dependent on God and trust his faithful word that he will provide. I have 5 months till I leave for Uganda (suggested leave date the first week of August 2011) and need to continue with the hard work that is fundraising, working full time, (sometimes with a social life!) and spending time with God, the most important thing of all.  I am so thankful to God, and remember how blessed I am for all of my faithful supporters and partners who are joining me in this journey and process and giving so generously in prayer, time and financial support. It blows me away.

Proverbs 3:5 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding.”

No comments:

Post a Comment