Friday 3 February 2012

It's hot and dry...


On Thursday I had been to the hospital with a group of children and was coming home in the staff van. We had been to the immunisation clinic, about a 20 minute drive away from where I live. On the way home even with all the windows open I was sweltering and was thinking of everyone back in chilly England! I was watching out of the window at 'life' going on in my local community and thought how amazing it would be if I could show my dear friends and family where I lived and a little of what it was like. I think the surrounding villages, scenery and people are beautiful and amazing and I hope through seeing this short video you will agree :) This journey starts just outside our nearest village "Kikube" and finishes just before we reach the driveway to GSF (the video stopped just shy of the GSF signpost but you might see it in the distance!). It is the dry season at the moment so the video should show you a glimpse of what it is like living in a hot and very dusty place (it has not rained for about 6 weeks so every vehicle that passes leaves behind a swarm of orange dust, so much that we have to shut the windows in the van every time another vehicle passes in order not to get a mouth full of soil!). Enjoy the small video and I am sorry that I am unable to share some of this heat with you too!! 






2 comments:

  1. Dear Katie, thank you for your video showing Uganda and the very different life you are living there, so very different to all we have here in the U.K. We could do with some of your heat at the moment as we have snow forecast..... !!! Love and hugs Mum x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sooooooooooooo much katie. It's great to see the ugandan roads again! Told you that the african heat is coming. I'll be praying for rain, i know how much it's needed. Great to hear from you!

    P.S. The cold is overrated love the warmth while you have it!

    ReplyDelete