Thursday 8 December 2011

Care Packages

Below is a list of items that many of you have been asking me for. 
So many of you have already supported me and treated me to many amazing parcels and for that I am so grateful. For anyone still wondering what would make me happy I have had a think and here it is. 

(Please understand that this blog is here because of demand and not in the slightest because I want or need anything! Having lived among the people here in Uganda for the last 4 months I have learnt quickly that I do not want or need for anything and what a privilege and security that is. It is humbling to see how little some people have and to see the Real needs that they face. I am blessed to have been brought up never having to experience that and I am so thankful each day for all that I do have and have been given).

Things that would make me (and the children!) smile if anyone would like to post them;
  • Baking packets to cook with children i.e fairy cakes, instant cake mixes
  • Sunday school books/material/gifts age 10
  • Cooking packets like beef stew, pasta bake
  • Bubbles for the toddlers
  • White and milk chocolate...actually any chocolate of any kind and in any form will not be rejected! (my guilty indulgence) :D
  • Teabags
  • Cereal bars
  • Snacks like pretzels, nuts, yoghurt covered raisins
  • Chewing gum
  • Dessert/pudding mixes
  • Nail varnish
  • Hot chocolate
If you do not want to send a package but would just like to write to me, letters and post cards also make me smile a lot! You can post them to;

Katie Mead
Good Shepherd's Fold Orphanage
PO Box 1281
Jinja
Uganda

Thanking YOU all for all your continued support :) x

1 comment:

  1. Dear Katie,
    Well done for producing a list of items you could use as I am always being asked by your friends what could they send you. I am sure you will get a steady stream of post now!

    Love and hugs Mum x x x

    ReplyDelete