Tuesday 16 August 2011

Casa Mead!

My surprise visitors!
This blog is too hard to write just now so I figured if I just sent a lot of pictures that might please all my wonderful supporters until I can find the words to describe how to put into words my first few days here at GSF Orphanage. I arrived on Friday evening after a surprise visit in the morning as I was getting ready to leave Kampala. Thank you Eric & Helen for calling by and seeing me even though you had just got off a night flight!!


I spent the day travelling and arrived at GSF to the most amazing welcome - all the children and staff had gathered at the gate to welcome me to GSF. There was singing, dancing, clapping, drumming and lots and lots of welcomes and handshakes. It was so amazing and a little overwhelming that they would do that for me!! I have spent the weekend settling into my new home and trying to learn hundreds of names!! Once I have settled a little I will post more stories of what I have been getting up to but for now please enjoy the pictures of my new home!!! At the moment my senses are just totally overwhelmed!

The children decorated all the windows of the house I am sharing!



The children left these on my bed :)


My bedroom
My bathroom

My kitchen

The lounge
The GSF site
My house
My house

All the amazing donations that were sent for the children - 8 cases full!!

For those of you that have been asking my postal address is:
Katie Mead
Good Shepherds Fold Orphanage
PO Box 1281
Jinja
Uganda

3 comments:

  1. It is wonderful to see all your photos and to be able to follow your journey to Good Shepherd Fold and see where you are living and your daily activities.

    What was the reaction of the children when they saw all the donations?! Wow!

    Praying for you every day, love and hugs Mum x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Your new home looks much nicer than I had expected!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie, glad you were given such a warm welcome at GSF.

    Try to make sure you get some space to yourself in these busy exciting overwhelming days.

    xx

    ReplyDelete